Access to Materials
IAJFL partners provide marketing and outreach examples, board governance information and loan forms and procedures via the IAJFL Dropbox. This enables member agencies to share their best practices while learning from the materials that others are sharing.
Relationship building and networking bring together synagogues and other Jewish service agencies that also provide services on the front lines for older adult care and services to those with special needs, teen outreach and other community groups. Member agencies share their successes so others can benefit from their experiences.
With almost 50 accredited free loan member agencies, IAJFL’s professionals and lay leaders actively provide ongoing support and mentorship to agencies. Mentorship subjects include strategies related to fundraising, loan programs, governance, marketing, and community outreach.
IAJFL holds an annual conference and additional meetings throughout the year to provide forums for sharing ideas and professional support across our membership. Topics are timely and reflect the current needs of member agencies.
IAJFL has attended the JFNA General Assembly, the Tribefest conferences and the Network (JFCS) conference to educate and market the member agencies of IAJFL to a broad audience. We often partner with other international organizations in order to market our free loan programs to their constituencies.
Our nearly 50 agencies oversee more than $175 million in free-loan assets, representing incredible support for Jewish communities around the world. As both funding for loans and the number of agencies increase, the international recognition of IAJFL will continue to grow and expand, thus providing more impact to your affiliation with IAJFL.
Benefits of Establishing a Free Loan Agency
- Jewish free loan member agencies provide interest-free loans to community members around the globe to enhance lives with personal, educational, small business, and other types of support.
- Helping people with a hand-up, not a hand-out is the highest form of mitzvot and many donors prefer to support this type of social innovation instead of charitable services.
- Most free loan agencies have greater than a 97-percent rate of repayment and there are cosigners and other checks and balances in place to ensure the loan capital will perpetuate through the continual recycling of charitable funds. This is another feature that donors appreciate when considering their contributions.
- The branding of recycling, interest-free loan capital is easy and impressive to donors and loan recipients alike.
- Free loan agencies develop innovative programs to reach the needs of the community and create outreach, leadership, volunteerism, and a deeper sense of community engagement.
- Interest-free, Jewish community loan programs greatly enhance continuity by improving the lives of loan recipients while offering hands-on roles for volunteers.
- Collective Impact – International Association of Jewish Free Loans member agencies oversee more than $220 million in free-loan assets, and the numbers continue to grow.
Become a Member Agency
Are you interested in becoming a member of IAJFL? Basic guidelines for membership include:
- Registered 501c (3) or equivalent status as required in the state, province, or country of formation.
- Provide only interest free loans and have lending practices in keeping with the ancient mandate of interest free lending
- Be governed by a Board of Directors
Interested in joining or have more questions?